Animal Control

Bolton’s appointed Animal Control Officer is Rob Mullen.  Please contact Rob for any animal complaints and/or animal welfare concerns.

Rob Mullen:

There is an Animal Control Ordinance, and violation tickets can be issued.

If you are looking for a rabies clinic:

The Towns of Huntington and Richmond usually hold a rabies clinic in March.  More details will be available closer to the clinc.

Tractor Supply Stores also hold rabies clinics.  They have locations in Montpelier, Morrisville and Shelburne.  You can call 1-800-427-7973 for their schedule or check out their website for the schedule early in 2024.

Dogs must be licensed EVERY year by April 01.  There is no registration for cats.

Dog License fees are as follows:

Prior to April 1ST: NEUTERED $9.00, UN-NEUTERED $13.00
After April 1ST:  NEUTERED $11.00, UN-NEUTERED $17.00

VT Spay Neuter Incentive Program (VSNIP) assists income challenged pet owners with neutering their cats or dogs.  They also explain the benefits of licensing your dog