The Planning Commission (PC) is comprised of 5 volunteer members, who are appointed by the Select Board, and are principally responsible for drafting and amending the Bolton Town Plan and our town’s zoning regulations (the Bolton Land Use and Development Regulations ). The PC also participates in the regional planning process, undertakes comprehensive planning, and functions solely as a planning body. The PC does not review development proposals or issue permits; these fall under the jurisdiction of the Development Review Board and the Zoning Administrator. For more details or if you are interested in joining the Planning Commission, contact the Town Office.
Note: Documents linked to this page are PDFs.
Planning Commission links and maps are at the bottom of the page after PC minutes.
- Steve Barner, Chair (3 year term, expires 2024)
- Kaelyn Modrak, Vice-Chair (3 year term, expires 2023)
- Evan DesLauriers (3 year term, expires 2024)
- Adam Beaudry (2 year term, expires 2023)
- Clerk – Carol Devlin
The Planning Commission meets monthly on the second Tuesday of the month, at 6 p.m. Interested residents are always encouraged to attend.
As of July 1, 2021 the PC is returning to in-person meetings held at the Bolton Town Office with a virtual option for participation.
WANT TO BE PART OF THE SOLUTION? JOIN THE PLANNING COMMISSION
The Planning Commission is looking for your help to improve our Town Plan and zoning regulations to meet the needs of its residents as we change and grow as a community. This position will inspire many and effect real change in Bolton for years to come. Join the Planning Commission to provide a vital service to the town and our community. Help us effect change in our community.
Please call or email Kaelyn Modrak, PC Member, for more information or if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org or 777-1921.
PROPOSED BLUDRS (ZONING REGS) AMENDMENTS
What: Bolton Planning Commission Hybrid Meeting
When: Tuesday, May 10, 6 p.m.
Where: Bolton Town Office, 3045 Theodore Roosevelt Highway
The Planning Commission will be discussing changes to the proposed amendments to the 2017 Bolton Town Plan based on community feedback at the public hearing on April 21, 2022. They will also be discussing amendments to the BLUDRs (Bolton Land Use and Development Regulations aka zoning regs).
Amendments to both the Town Plan and the BLUDRs are required to go through a public hearing process. The PC hearing on the Town Plan amendments has already taken place. The next step is a Select Board hearing. The PC hearing on the BLUDRs has yet to be scheduled but may be as early as May or June.
Information on hearings, reports on the amendments, and the documents with the amendments will be available on the Planning Commission website as part of the notice of public hearing process. If you are interested in these issues, please stay informed and check the site regularly. You can access the PC page with the following link: https://boltonvt.com/boards-minutes/planning-commission/ or by going to the Bolton homepage, click on Boards and Committees, Planning Commission.
Town Plan amendments include but are not limited to, incorporation of the Bolton Valley Master Plan, including recommended changes to future land use district, and amendment of Town policies related to steep slopes.
BLUDR amendments include but are not limited to, the creation of a Resort Master Plan regulatory process, and a more specific steep slopes section (based on DRB experience with applications involving steep slopes) which will ease some restrictions and increase others. A report fully outlining proposed changes is forthcoming and will be posted on the Town website.
UPCOMING MEETING AGENDA
2021 ACCEPTED MINUTES AND AGENDAS
- PC Minutes December 14, 2021
- PC Agenda December 14 2021
- PC Minutes November 3, 2021
- PC Agenda November 3, 2021
- PC Minutes October 12. 2021
- PC Agenda October 12, 2021
- PC Minutes September 14, 2021
- PC Agenda September 14, 2021
- PC Minutes August 10, 2021
- PC Agenda August 10, 2021
- PC Agenda July 13, 2021
- PC Minutes July 13, 2021
- PC Agenda June 8, 2021
- PC Minutes June 8, 2021
- PC Agenda May 11, 2021
- PC Minutes May 11, 2021
- PC Minutes April 13, 2021
- PC Agenda April 13, 2021
- PC Public Hearing Minutes March 23, 2021
- PC Hearing Agenda March 23, 2021
- Notice of PC Public Hearing on Town Plan and BLUDRs Amendments March 23, 2021
- PC Minutes March 9, 2021
- PC Agenda, March 9 2021
- PC Minutes February 9, 2021
- PC Agenda February 9, 2021
- PC Minutes January 12, 2021
- PC Agenda January 12, 2021
2020 ACCEPTED MINUTES AND AGENDAS
- PC Minutes December 8, 2020
- PC Agenda December 8, 2020
- PC Minutes November 10, 2020
- PC Agenda November 10, 2020
- PC Minutes October 13, 2020
- PC Agenda October 13, 2020
- PC Minutes September 15, 2020
- PC Agenda September 15, 2020
- PC Agenda August 18 2020
- PC Minutes August 18, 2020
- PC Agenda July 21 2020 – No Quorum; no minutes
- PC Minutes June 24, 2020
- PC Agenda – Public Engagement June 24, 2020
- PC Minutes June 16, 2020
- PC Agenda June 16, 2020
- PC Minutes June 2, 2020
- PC Agenda June 2, 2020
- PC Agenda April 21, 2020 – No quorum; no minutes
- PC Agenda March 17 2020 – Cancelled due to COVID
- PC Minutes February 24, 2020
- PC Agenda February 24 2020
- PC Agenda February 18, 2020 – Postponed due to weather
- PC Minutes January 21 2020
- PC Agenda January 21, 2020
- PC Public Hearing Notice January 21, 2020
2019 ACCEPTED MINUTES
- PC Approved Minutes December 9, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes November 19, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes, October 15, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes September 24 2019
- PC Approved Minutes September 17, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes August 13, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes July 16, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes June 25, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes June 18, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes May 14, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes April 9, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes March 26, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes March 19, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes February 21, 2019
- PC Approved Minutes January 8, 2019
CURRENT ZONING REGULATIONS
The Select Board adopted the Bolton Land Use and Development Regulations (BLUDRs) in 2005. Amendments were approved in 2010, 2019 and 2021. The BLUDRs (aka Zoning Regulations) may be found on the Zoning Page.