The Energy Committee will conduct a range of activities to decrease energy consumption in Town, promote energy efficiency, and support the development of renewable energy in the Town of Bolton. It will focus on activities that lower energy bills for the Town, residents, and businesses of Bolton, and create jobs in Vermont. The EC’s activities will range from tracking current energy consumption and progress, coordinating with the Town and school district for improvements in the buildings, researching grant and financing options, organizing events and workshops, coordinating with existing programs offered in Vermont, etc. For more details, or if you are interested in joining the Energy Committee, contact the Town Office.
Note: Documents linked to this page are PDFs.
Juliette Juillerat – Town Energy Coordinator and Energy Committee Member (term expires 2025)
Lexi Haselton (three year term expires 2024)
Peter Schoen (three year term expires 2024)
Jeremy Knepper, Chair (two year term expires 2025)
The Energy Committee is looking for new members. Contact the Town Office, if you are interested.
The Energy Committee meets monthly on the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
As of July 1, 2021, the EC is returning to in-person meetings held at the Bolton Town Office, with a virtual option for participation.
Energy Information for Residents
The Energy Committee put together a flier about weatherizing your home for the winter. Click Save Money on Your Heating Bills for tips on what you can to reduce your energy consumption and your bills.
Home & Business Energy Assessments & Improvements
Save money; save energy. It’s a win/win.
- Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunities (CVOEO) provides free and comprehensive weatherization if you meet the income threshold. Check out their website or call 1-800-545-1084 for more information or complete an application and save on your future energy bills. Brochures on the program are available in the Town Office.
- Efficiency Vermont is the place to start for guidance for both homes and businesses in Vermont. Efficiency Vermont works to “provide objective advice, technical services, and financial support to help you create healthier, happier, more comfortable spaces.”
- The US Department of Energy has many links related to energy saving. See their “save energy, save money” tab for a list of categories. It’s worth taking a few minutes to go through their home energy checklist, most of which are “common sense” items, but it still worthwhile to see if there are items on the list that your home could benefit from.
- Energy Star is the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) website for homes and businesses. They have a good on-line home assessment. Note: you will need your home’s heated area and totals of your utility and/or heating bills for the past year.
- A Vermonter’s Guide to Residential Clean Heating and Cooling
- Renters . . . While much of the available information is for home owners, both Efficient Vermont and the US Department of Energy have pages focused on renters: Efficiency Vermont renters and Department of Energy renters.
The November Energy Committee meeting was cancelled due to lack of quorum.
2022 ACCEPTED MINUTES AND AGENDAS
- EC Agenda September 14, 2022
- The EC did not meet in August 2022
- EC Agenda July 13, 2022 – Cancelled – No Quorum
- EC Minutes June 8, 2022
- EC Agenda June 8, 2022
- EC Minutes May 11, 2022
- EC Agenda May 11, 2022
- EC Minutes April 13, 2022
- EC Agenda April 13, 2022
- EC Minutes March 9, 2022
- EC Agenda March 9, 2022
- EC Minutes February 9, 2022
- EC Agenda February 9, 2022
- EC Minutes January 3, 2022
- EC Agenda January 3, 2022
2021 ACCEPTED MINUTES AND AGENDAS
- EC Minutes December 8, 2021
- EC Agenda December 8 2021
- EC Agenda November 10, 2021 No quorum, no minutes
- EC Agenda September 8 2021 No quorum, no minutes
- EC Final Minutes July 22, 2021
- EC Special Meeting Agenda July 22, 2021
- EC Minutes May 13, 2021
- EC Agenda May 13, 2021
- EC Minutes March 11, 2021
- EC Agenda March 11, 2021
- EC Minutes January 14, 2021
- EC Agenda January 14, 2021