Development Review Board
The Development Review Board (DRB) is the municipal body that, when required, is authorized and delegated to uphold and interpret the Bolton Land Use and Development Regulations (BLUDRs). It is also the board authorized to hear appeals from decisions of the Bolton Zoning Administrator. Its members are appointed by the Bolton Selectboard.
The DRB reviews complete applications for proposed projects at public hearings. Such reviews may be for site plans, conditional uses, variance requests and/or subdivisions. The BLUDRs and state statutes set forth the criteria upon which the DRB makes its decisions. All public hearings must obey the open meeting law. This law does, however, allow quasi-judicial boards, such as the DRB, to deliberate in a closed session. The DRB may also reach a decision in a closed session, provided the decision reached is put in writing and made public.
All decisions of the DRB may be appealed by the applicant or an interested party who participated at the public hearing for the application. An appeal must be made within 30 days of the decision. All appeals are heard by the Vermont Environmental Court.
Please contact the Planning and Zoning Administrator at (802) 434-5075 ext. 225 if you have any questions about zoning, obtaining a zoning permit, a proposed project that has been issued a permit or is to be before the DRB, or the zoning and subdivision approval or appeal process in general.
For more details, or if you are interested in joining the Development Review Board, contact the Town Office.
Note: Documents linked to this page are PDFs.
The Bolton DRB has five regular members and currently one alternate. Members are appointed by the Select Board.
- Stephen Diglio, Chair (three year term expires June 30, 2023)
- Adam Beaudry, Vice Chair (three year term expires June 30, 2024)
- John Devine, Secretary (three year term expires June 30, 2024)
- Rob Ricketson (three year term expires June 30, 2022)
- Adam Miller (three year term expires June 30, 2022)
- Spencer Nowak, Alternate (three year term expires June 30, 2023)
DRB Support Staff: Planning & Zoning Administrator, Jonathan Ignatowski
The regularly scheduled meeting date for the Development Review Board is the fourth (4th) Thursday of the month, with the second (2nd) Thursday of the month if needed.
As of July 1, 2021 the Development Review Board returned to in-person meetings at the Town Office, with a virtual option for participation.
Bear Track – Bolton Nordic Lands
Photo Credit: A. Grover
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 882 5534 6219
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,88255346219#,,,,*217688# US (New York)
+13126266799,,88255346219#,,,,*217688# US (Chicago)
2021 Accepted Minutes and Agendas
- DRB Minutes September 23, 2021
- DRB Agenda September 23, 2021
- DRB Minutes September 9, 2021
- DRB Agenda September 9, 2021
- DRB Minutes August 5, 2021
- DRB Agenda August 5, 2021
- DRB Minutes June 24, 2021
- DRB Agenda June 24, 2021
- DRB Minutes May 27, 2021
- DRB Agenda May 27, 2021
- DRB Minutes April 22, 2021
- DRB Agenda April 22, 2021
- DRB Minutes March 25, 2021
- DRB Agenda March 25, 2021
- DRB Minutes February 25, 2021
- DRB Agenda February 25, 2021
- DRB Minutes January 28, 2021
- DRB Agenda – January 28, 2021
2020 ACCEPTED MINUTES AND AGENDAS
- DRB Minutes December 10, 2020
- DRB Agenda December 10, 2020
- DRB Minutes October 22, 2020
- DRB Agenda October 22, 2020
- DRB Minutes September 24, 2020
- DRB Agenda September 24, 2020
- DRB Minutes July 30, 2020
- DRB Agenda July 30, 2020
- DRB Minutes June 25, 2020
- DRB Minutes May 28, 2020
- DRB Agenda May 28, 2020
- DRB Minutes April 23, 2020
- DRB Agenda April 23, 2020
- DRB Minutes March 26, 2020
- DRB Minutes February 27, 2020