Health Related Resources for Seniors
(802) 865-0360 and Helpline: (800) 642-5119. Information on wellness, prevention, options for receiving care at home, and options for care outside the home.
Community Health Improvement at UVM Medical Center
(802) 847-2278. Offers a wide variety of health and fitness programs, including fall prevention, foot care and healthier living workshops.
SASH (Support & Services at Home)
(802) 863-2224. “SASH coordinates the resources of social service agencies, community health providers and nonprofit housing organizations to support Vermonters who choose to live independently at home. Individualized, on-site support is provided by a Wellness Nurse and a trained SASH Care Coordinator.”
UVM Medical Center On-line Health Library
A searchable internet health library including key word search, a comprehensive list of health topics, health decision tools and a list of support groups.
Vermont Adult Protective Services
(802) 241-0512. “Division Philosophy: Balanced and assertive regulation of health care organizations ensure that vulnerable Vermonters receive care with dignity, respect, and independence. When vulnerable Vermonters are maltreated, there should be an effective investigation and protective services put in place to prevent additional harm.”
(800) 642-5119. helps you stay in your home by contributing to the cost of having someone live with you to provide essential care.
Visiting Nurses Association
(802) 229-0579. “We help people live their fullest lives by providing innovative, high-value, compassionate care wherever they call home.” Services include: Rehab Services, Illness/Disease Management, Palliative Care, Hospice Care, Wound/Ostomy Care, Telemonitoring Services, and Private Care Services. VNA also offers a variety of Day Programs: Memory Care Day in South Burlington and Adult Care Day in Colchester & Essex.