• Home
  • About
  • Employment, Volunteer and Bid Opportunities

Employment, Volunteer and Bid Opportunities


Response Date: April 3, 2023

Seeking Representative to CCRPC

The Town of Bolton is seeking a volunteer to be appointed by the Select Board to serve as Bolton’s representative to the Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission (CCRPC).  Commission meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month, from 6 – 8 p.m. with both in-person and virtual attendance options. Please contact the Town Office if you are interested in serving.  Access more information about representative roles and responsibilities here (scroll to the bottom of the page):


Access more information about the CCRPC’s vision, mission, and overview here:


Stipend Position

The Animal Control Officer is responsible for enforcement of the Town Ordinance for the Control of Dogs and  includes addressing dogs and complaints about dogs that: are unlicensed, are running at large, have bitten another animal or person (which may trigger a vicious dog hearing), impounding/quarantining dogs and caring for them while housed at the town garage. This position is an annual appointment by the Select Board and is budgeted for two ACOs with a $250 annual stipend.

Seeking Volunteers!

The Town of Bolton is seeking volunteers to serve as an Alternate to Bolton’s Development Review Board (DRB), a representative to the Chittenden Solid Waste District (CSWD) Board, and members of the Conservation Commission and Planning Commission.

The DRB Alternate would serve when/as needed.  Meetings are held the 4th Thursday of the month.  The DRB is the municipal body that, when required, is authorized and delegated to uphold and interpret the Bolton Land Use and Development Regulations (BLUDRs). It is also the board authorized to hear appeals from decisions of the Bolton Zoning Administrator. Board members receive a $10 per meeting stipend. Access more information about the role of the DRB here.

The CSWD Representative would serve as Bolton’s representative on that board.  Meetings are held the 4th Wednesday of the month. The Board of Commissioners is the governing body of the CSWD, and sets policy on solid waste management for the member communities. For more information about representing Bolton on the CSWD Board, please contact the CSWD at 872-8100.

CSWD Board Expectations

Planning Commission: The Planning Commission is seeking two new members. The Planning Commission is principally responsible for drafting and amending the Bolton Town Plan and our town’s zoning regulations (the Bolton Land Use and Development Regulations ), and also participates in the regional planning process, undertakes comprehensive planning, and functions solely as a planning body.  The Planning Commission does not review development proposals or issue permits; these fall under the jurisdiction of the Development Review Board and the Zoning Administrator. If you are interested in volunteering and being appointed to the Planning Commission, please submit a letter outlining your interests and experience to the Town Office, 3045 Theodore Roosevelt Highway, Waterbury VT 05676, or via email to assistbolton@gmavt.net.

Please contact the Town Office if you are interested in serving our community – thank you!



Email: clerkbolton@gmavt.net