Town of Bolton
3045 Theodore Roosevelt Highway
Meeting called to order at 6:10 p.m.
Planning Commission members present: Linda Baker, Jim Bralich (6:40 p.m.), Steve Barner
Planning Commission members absent: Chris Haggerty, Rodney Pingree
MPG Advisory Committee members present: Jen Andrews
MPG Advisory Committee members absent: Joss Besse, Rob Heimbuch, Jerry Mullen, Margot Pender, Dick Ward
1. Continue to review draft of proposed regulations.
2. Minutes September 14, 2004
3. Other communications/mail
4. Any other business
The group continued to review the three-page punch list of items needing the guidance and input of Sharon. (That list is on file with the 9/20/04 minutes at the Town Clerk’s office.)
· Page 3.7, lines 52 and 53, add period after the word “lamps”, and delete the remainder of the sentence regarding watts and lumens.
· Page 3.7, line 28. The 50% bonus is not mandated by the State. Leave as is.
· Page 3.14, #9. Ultimately left unchanged in discussion to address Bailey’s sandwich board at the bottom of the BV Road. Grandfathered. Bob to check in with the SB regarding.
· Page 3.14. Delete the added “#20”, regarding resort directional signs.
· Page 3.15, line 14. Delete the bold suggestion of VII, only VI.
· Page 3.15, line 16, change “maximum of 20 square feet” to “maximum of sixteen square feet freestanding, per individual business, twenty four square feet per directory (for a total of 40 square feet).
· Page 3.16. Add “(F) RV and VII (or insert zoning district names encompassing the BV area) sign plan. Submitted by Bob, Sharon to edit (that document is on fie with these minutes).
· Page 4.22, Delete lines 31 – 35, (B) (2), covered under the Special Events Ordinance. Add (A)(3) All structures associated with special events except for those exempted in (B) (1)below shall require a zoning permit.” Lines 37 – 38, insert “the approval of the Bolton Select Board under the Special Events Ordinance until…”
· Page 10.5, line 13, definition of camp – leave as is.
· Page 10.11, line 8, definition of Home Child Care. All numbers are state mandates, and described in Article IV.
· Page 10.11, line 22, definition of hotel. Add condo hotel under this definition (not a separate definition) “A condominium hotel is a building constructed, maintained and operated and managed as a hotel in which each room is individually owned and in which some or all of the rooms are available to transients for rent and where the structure, common areas and facilities are owned by all the owners on a proportional, individual basis. Condominium hotels shall not be used as a primary residence.”
· Page 10.12, line 10, definition of Light Industry. Conditional use in VI and RI with frontage on RT 2. Leave with 20,000 square feet and no employee limits, not dictated by statute.
· Page 10.15, line 39, definition of parking space. Change “20 feet in depth” to “18 feet in depth.”
· Page 10.15, lines 43 – 45, definition of permit (only dealing with telecommunications facilities), delete in entirety.
· Page 10.22, line 1. Definition of warming hut, leave as is, state will dictate need or not for toilet facilities.
Agenda Item #2– Minutes September 14, 2004
Amy will get the fee schedule for permitting from the Town Office. Noted – Select Board sets the rates. At issue, fees for temporary structures.
Amy will check with Pam Brangan @ CCRPC regarding projects in her pipeline/availability to draft map changes in the end of October.
Sharon noted that she would be on vacation the end of September through the 2nd week in October.
The next scheduled meeting of the MPG Advisory Committee will be Tuesday, October 12, 2004, 6-9 p.m. at Smilie School. Sharon noted that it would be helpful for the group to review the districts as proposed by the SE Group for Redstone.
The meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.
These minutes are unofficial until accepted.
__________________________ , 2004. _______________________________
Linda Baker, Chair