Town of Bolton
3045 Theodore Roosevelt Highway
Meeting called to order at 6 p.m.
Planning Commission members present: Linda Baker, Steve Barner
Planning Commission members absent: Jim Bralich, Chris Haggerty, Rodney Pingree
MPG Advisory Committee members present: Jerry Mullen, Margot Pender
MPG Advisory Committee members absent: Pete Siegel, Rob Heimbuch, Jen Andrews, Joss Besse, Dick Ward
1. Zoning Districts and Uses
2. Minutes July 14, 2003
3. Other communications/mail
4. Any other business
The committee reviewed several maps of Bolton, and discussed various options for the Village II District, including restricting development over a certain elevation level and requiring building envelopes for newly subdivided lots. Because of the small attendance at the meeting, this item will again be put on the September agenda to allow for more input from the committee members that were absent. The committee will review several options including the fire district, the May 2002 Planning Commission map draft, and Dana Farley’s suggestions. Amy will check with Deb at the office to see if there is a zoning district map with elevations already on file. If not, Amy will contact Pam Brangon @ CCRPC to have a zoning district/elevation map drafted for the next meeting. Amy will also bring copies of the Mylars showing the GMC and Silver Bow subdivisions.
Sharon provided the committee with two handouts, “Article II, Zoning Districts” and “Table 2.1 Village I District.” (These two handouts are on file with these minutes at the Town Office.)
The Committee reviewed the two handouts and discussion included:
Article II Zoning Districts
· Stream buffers/riparian buffer – 25’ from edge
· Naming additional streams, surface water vs. defined channels.
· Revisiting fees, i.e. smaller fee for boundary line adjustment
· Expansion of boundary interpretation
· Extension of district standards – allow up to 50 feet vs. 100 feet into lot
· New “Application of District Standards.”
· Moving hotel from permitted to conditional use - allow 4,000 sq. ft./2,000 sq. ft. as maximum vs. number of rooms
· Over 4 units of dwelling/multi-family - conditional use
· Site plan review for permitted use
· Protecting ridgelines
· Agriculture overlay district to protect soils
· Forestry overlay district
· Rural Residential vs. Rural II
· Smaller lots allowed in VI
· Larger lots required in VII
· West Bolton village center
· Allowing most uses in Village districts, more restrictive outside of that
· Adding a Mountain Village District
Sharon noted that all of the zoning districts would be revisited, and input received from public outreach. Burnt Rock will draft tables of all the zoning districts for the September meeting.
Amy will be contacting MPG Committee members with three potential dates to choose from for the September meeting, the 16th, 22nd, and 24th, and will notify all a.s.a.p. when the meeting date is set.
The meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Clerk, Planning Commission
These minutes are unofficial until accepted.
__________________________ , 2003.
Linda Baker, Chair