Town of Bolton
3045 Theodore Roosevelt Highway
Regular meeting called to order at 6:00p.m. after the tour of Bolton Valley
Planning Commission members present: Linda Baker, Chair, Jim Bralich, Steve Barner
Planning Commission members absent: Rodney Pingree, Chris Haggerty
MPG Advisory Committee members present: Joss Besse, Jerry Mullen, Margot Pender, Jen Andrews, Dick Ward
MPG Advisory Committee members absent: Pete Siegel, Rob Heimbuch,
1. Tour of Bolton Valley
2. Brian Shupe and Sharon Murray, Burnt Rock, Inc. Continue technical review
3. Minutes April 2, 2003
4. Other communications/mail
5. Any other business
Several members of the MPG Advisory Committee met and toured the Bolton Valley/VII District with Brian Shupe and Sharon Murray to review the current district boundaries and Dana Farley’s district boundary recommendations as outlined in her report to the Select Board. Brian noted that it was helpful to view the area, and that a future session should be designated to discuss the VII district, and review the maps of the area.
Brian Shupe distributed three handouts to the Committee:
1. Bolton Zoning and Subdivision Regulations Update Considerations
2. Land Use and Development Regulations, Draft Outline (Draft Table of Contents)
3. Preliminary Summary Report Bolton Bylaw Update Considerations
Brain noted that future meetings will take “chapters” from the Draft Outline to review and work on, and that when the bylaws are reformulated and repackaged they will be user friendly, consistent with the Town Plan and Vermont Statutes, integrated and consolidated.
Brian and Sharon gave a brief overview of the technical review, and reviewed and discussed the Draft Outline with the Committee. (See copies of Burnt Rock’s three handouts from this date on file with these minutes at the Bolton Town Clerk’s Office.) Areas of discussion included:
· Development Review Process
· Statutory provisions
· Covenants at Bolton Valley
· Flood Hazard Regulations lacking FEMA changes
· Stream naming/setbacks
· Merging and integration of different provisions
· Specific aspects appropriate for each zoning district
· Streamlining the Subdivision Regulations
· Minor and Major Subdivisions
· Locating Ag. Soils on the ground
· Updating facility standards
· Keeping up with statutory changes
· Village II District/nomenclature/future consolidation/CCRPC standpoint
· Home occupations/cottage industries and home based businesses
· Building codes/fire codes
· Occupancy requirements
· Sign regulations as stand alone ordinance
· Change of use
· Height requirements
· Chapter 117 pending rewrite
· Alternatives to variance procedures
· Degree of slope/building
· Maximum percentage of coverage in commercial use/minimum greenspace
· Abandoned construction
· Outdoor lighting
Steve Barner made a motion to accept the minutes of April 2, 2003. Jim Bralich seconded the motion. All were in favor.
The next scheduled meeting of the MPG Advisory Committee will be on, Monday, June 9, 2003, 5 p.m. at Smilie School. Those members whose schedules allow will be meeting at 5 p.m. for a tour of West Bolton. The meeting will follow at 6 p.m.
The meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
Clerk, Planning Commission
These minutes are unofficial until accepted.
__________________________ , 2003.
Linda Baker, Chair